Custom Half Sleeve Black and Grey, Detailed, Realistic Tattoo Design




I Loved doing this design. I remember it just flowed out of me and I was very happy with how it came out.

Client’s Description Request:
Starting a full sleeve in July.  Top half will be a recreation of photo.  Kinda letting my artist do his thing with that.  Bottom half is still up in the air.  Really no set theme, but just a collection of meaningful images and ideas.  I am not artistic nor creative unfortunately so I am just looking for a unique and creative way to bring everything together.  Looking for very realistic and somewhat dark in nature.
Here's some ideas/images that I'd like to incorporate.  Use some or all:

Teddy Bear – Just looking for a standard stuffed teddy bear.  To go with the dark theme I thought maybe it could look a little torn up.  You know a button for an eye, patches, tears, stuffing coming out, etc.  My mom LOVES teddy bears. I thought this would be a neat ode to her, and represent some of the struggles she’s been through with my father and her life.   I understand this doesn’t really go with much, but I’ll let you run with it and see what you come up with.

Skull: Simple half skull, but nothing demonic or anything.  I've attached a picture of what I'm looking for.

Girl's face: Looking for part of a girl's face.  Lot of emphasis on her eyes.  I think it'd be sweet to have part of her face occluded by her hair.  I've attached a picture to give you an idea.  I think it might be cool to also cover part of her face with a single peacock feather.  Think dark and masculine here.

Hour glass: Typical old style hourglass.  Maybe cracked, sand coming out, something inside of it, etc.

Dead tree(s) – I’ve just always loved the look of dead trees.  This can be a big part of the piece or a smaller detail.  However you feel it will best fit.

Dragon Fly-  Huge fan of the band Coheed & Cambria.  I would love they’re dragon fly logo just “stamped” anywhere on the piece.  I have enclosed the exact image of this I want.

Flowers- These are also kinda for my mom, but also for me.  Doesn’t really represent anything particular, but would possibly be cool to have a few coming up my forearm or something??  I really like lillies (with the dots inside) or maybe columbines (Colorado State Flower) EITHER NOT BOTH.  Again, just something that looks kinda cool.  To fit with the “darkness” of the piece maybe some could be wilting or dying?  Again, think masculine on this one.  I'm not sure how to make flowers manly.  I guess just dark.

 Feel free to add any fillers or any cool ideas you may have!

Client feedback:  Wow. Good God. You killed it. Wouldn't change a thing. I love it. Can you tattoo me now? haha