Flashback Friday - Jewelry Photography - Props



From my Archives:

When I opened my jewelry shop on Etsy, I had a crash course in photographing jewelry.

This was amongst my first exploration of using props in my photography. Trying to be a little more creative and not so straight forward. I can tend to want to show too much...in an effort to help the person shopping make an educated decision with the most information possible.

The great thing is that Etsy allows you multiple pictures so there can be others that are more technical and obvious...but the aim is to have the first one be eye catching and attracting.

Taking photographs continues to be an education for me. I love trying new materials, angels and backgrounds.

My pictures have improved but I still have a lot to learn about lighting!