Thank a Cop

I love using my art to inspire and celebrate others, so this week I created my own version of the Police Memorial logo to honor and remember officers.

In 1962, President Kennedy proclaimed May 15 as National Peace Officers Memorial Day and the calendar week in which May 15 falls, as National Police Week. Established by a joint resolution of Congress in 1962, National Police Week pays special recognition to those law enforcement officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty for the safety and protection of others.

Until next week,
Pam

Tears Of A Cop


I have been where you fear to be.
I have seen what you fear to see.
I have done what you fear to do.
All these things I've done for you.

I am the one you lean upon.
The one you cast your scorn upon.
The one you bring your troubles to,
All these people I've been for you.

The one you ask to stand apart.
The one you feel should have no heart.
The one you call the officer in blue.
But I am human, just like you.

And through the years I've come to see
That I am not what you ask of me.
So take this badge and take this gun.
Will you take it?
Will anyone?

And when you watch a person die,
And hear a battered baby cry.
Then so you think that you can be
All those things you ask of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment